Here are some puzzles for you.
Can you find out which place/person we are writing about?
(We are going to post the answers/pictures)
1)
My picture seems to be taken at a beautiful place. It seems to be a colorful wall. But it’s more. It once parted Berlin. Now it’s an open air gallery where artists from all over the world paint wonderful things. Most of them have to do with peace and freedom. I think it’s a nice place because it looks beautiful AND has history. Lots of people come to visit it and it’s a good way to make people think about German history.
(Sophie)
2)
When I look at this picture, I feel very impressed.
It´s such a great view on _______________ by night.
You can see so much.... You can see lights, shops,
skyscrapers, historical buildings and much more.
You can hear the traffic, the circle of life, water, planes
and so much more, you can´t describe it all.
But you can also see rich & poor people.
There are people from countries from all over the world.
It´s a wonderful but also fatal city.
The time runs faster in _________________. It´s a modern, financial
city.
It´s such a great view on _______________ by night.
You can see so much.... You can see lights, shops,
skyscrapers, historical buildings and much more.
You can hear the traffic, the circle of life, water, planes
and so much more, you can´t describe it all.
But you can also see rich & poor people.
There are people from countries from all over the world.
It´s a wonderful but also fatal city.
The time runs faster in _________________. It´s a modern, financial
city.
(Johannes)
3)
This is a special event in Germany. More than 3 million people come to this event every year.. It´s the event of the year - people from all over the world come.You can drink a lot of beer. It´s the event where most beer in the world is sold. You can go on many rides. It is in the capital of Bavaria.
I hope you know which event i´m writing about?
(Peter)
4)
I am standing here in the water and the waves are breaking against my legs. There are seagulls everywhere and I'm hearing their screams and wings. Behind me there are a lot of people and my family, too. My mum and my dad are reading books. My brother is playing gameboy. Babies are screaming, kids are romping about and the adults are sunbathing. A small breeze is blowing around my nose. On the horizon I'm seeing a sailing boat.
____________________ is a very nice holiday place.
(Jennifer)
5)
I'm excited because I'm going to meet Germany's most important woman. She has to take important decisions for our country and represents our nation. Who is it?
(Louisa)
6)
If I were in my picture, I would climb on the trees or build a treehouse with my best friends. I love ______________. We could eat yummy grapes from the vineyards which are next to _________________. It is half an hour away from my house. It's very cool there because there is wildlife and there are lots of animals. My best friends and I saw a bee hive there once. It was inside an old hunting lodge. I'm happy every time I go to this ______________________.
6)
If I were in my picture, I would climb on the trees or build a treehouse with my best friends. I love ______________. We could eat yummy grapes from the vineyards which are next to _________________. It is half an hour away from my house. It's very cool there because there is wildlife and there are lots of animals. My best friends and I saw a bee hive there once. It was inside an old hunting lodge. I'm happy every time I go to this ______________________.
(Gwyn)
7)
I am sitting here and am listening to the insects around me. In front of me I can see a famous river. Many Asian tourists come to Germany to see the castles on it. Now, there is a buzzing bee, which is flying around my head. I am getting hungry now, so I am eating some grapes. Before eating them I wash them with my own water, because of the pesticides. And now, where am I sitting?
(Luke)
Good luck!
7)
I am sitting here and am listening to the insects around me. In front of me I can see a famous river. Many Asian tourists come to Germany to see the castles on it. Now, there is a buzzing bee, which is flying around my head. I am getting hungry now, so I am eating some grapes. Before eating them I wash them with my own water, because of the pesticides. And now, where am I sitting?
(Luke)
Hi 9b!
ReplyDeleteSome of these are tough! I'm looking forward to finding out the answers :) There's one I am certain of though: "Germany's most important woman"? That must be your teacher!!! ;) :D
I really want to know what 2) is! i have a feeling you're talking about new york city? but then again it could be something "exotic" like mumbai, too? seriously.... that's hard!
ReplyDeleteand as for 5) - dear angie m. may well be germany's most important woman, but definitely not the hottest hahahaha! :D
These are really tough!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing the place of the tourists and beer might be Oktoberfest? München must be a very popular place as we have our own English name for it! Munich. Do you know what the English call this German place? Köln
It might be too easy for you!
Yeah it is too easy. It´s Cologne =D
ReplyDeleteOk Johannes I will have to make my questions much harder!!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteSee if you can work out which city in England I come from!
Clue 1 - My city in twinned with a city in Germany
Clue 2 - My football team wears yellow and green and are named after a bird
Clue 3 - My city is famous for english mustard
Clue 4 - Chapelfields, the forum and castle mall are popular shopping places
So can you guess my home town
Bonus points for
1) The German city it's twinned with
2) The football team and it's nickname
3) Which famous British people are big owners in the football club
4) What I bought from the castle mall the last time I visited :-D
Hello 9b! Those are some good puzzles... here are my guesses!
ReplyDelete1) Berlin Wall?
2) I am not sure, but maybe New York!? I haven't been there though!
3) Oktoberfest! Definitely :) I went to Oktoberfest last year and enjoyed it very much.
4) I am not sure which holiday place you are describing, but it sounds lovely. I'd love to know where it is?!
5) Your Chancellor, Angela Merkel!
6) Not sure about this one, but I'd love to know where it is?
7) That would have to be near the Rhein! You are sitting on banks of the Rhein river?
@Mr A: You are from Norwich =D
ReplyDelete1) It´s Koblenz.
2) The Norwich City Football Club is also called "Canaries"
3)I don´t know. Tell me =)
4)I just don´t know and I also can´t know =D
@Sarah: 2)It´s not New York. It´s a city here in Germany. Try to find out =)
I had trouble answering them all...
ReplyDelete1)Berlin Wall museum(?)
2)
3) Oktoberfest
4) Hamburg
5) Angela Merkel
6)
2) because of the financial clue, I'll choose Frankfurt (rather than Berlin)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments and your good and nice work you did with us. Goodbye!
ReplyDeleteHi guys, thank you for all the good comments. We are so happy that you wrote such interesting things. We hope we still keep in touch in the next weeks. see you soon.
ReplyDelete