
Hey guys from all over the world!
We're very happy you're reading our blog! We're a German school class and the blog was created for us to practise our English skills and write about things we're interested in and learn about in class. We also hope to get in touch with other people!
The blog is open to everybody in the www. Actually, we all use nicknames to stay safe on the internet. We've got some blog rules for ourselves and everybody on this blog:
1. Be polite and friendly (there are humans on the other side)
2. Don't spam.
3. Don't trust anybody.. no private information! You don't know who you're talking to. Don't write embarrasing things.
(There are some more rules in the photo.)
We are all looking forward to sharing our ideas and telling you about our next unit. It would be nice if you commented on our posts and give as some feedback . Invite as many people as you can so that this blog stays lively and doesn't disappear into the corners of the universe...
We are looking forward to reading your comments soon. Thank you very much!!
How to write a comment:
comments -> comment as -> name/url ->use your nickname.
9b
Hello Class 9B,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say that this blog is a great idea. I am already impressed!
My name is Nathaniel, I am 24 years old and I live in England. I work as an engineer and I sometimes travel abroad for work. I will be travelling to Aachen in the coming week. The distance is not far so I prefer to take the train instead of a flight.
I will try to remember as much of my year 9 German as possible!
Goodluck with this year's module!
Nathaniel
Hello Class 9B
ReplyDeleteMy name is Nick and I'm a teacher in England. I teach my students German and French and I'm extremely impressed with your level of English. Some of your posts are very descriptive, poetic in fact! My students would be very jealous of how well you can speak English.
I have never been to Australia and unfortunately don't know much about it, so I will be reading your blog to see if I can learn some more interesting facts about Oz!
In England we have two soap operas which are based in Australia, they are called Neighbours and Home and Away. Maybe you could try and find some clips on YouTube so you can listen to the Australian accent. It's very different to the British accent!
Enjoy your project!
Hello Class 9B,
ReplyDeleteNathaniel here again. I just returned to England last night. My week in Aachen was good. I was on a training course with Germans, a Croatian, a Kenyan, a Congolese (DRC) and a Swede. Even though we all come from different places, we all experience the same challenges and work everyday.
On the day I arrived I went to a local pub(?) and ordered a schnitzel. When the waitress asked me whether I wanted mayonnaise mit mein pommes, it took me 20 seconds to find the word "ja" in my head. All I wanted to say was "oui" or "si". Then at the end of the week in Belgium, I always wanted to say German words to the dutch/french speaking people.
I liked Aachen's Dom and the streets where there are plenty of table and chairs. They always invite me to sit down for a beer or an ice-cream. Most of all, I enjoyed meeting my colleagues from around the world and although we are very unlikely to meet again, we did have a good time together.
Nathaniel
P.S. The Lindt Factory outlet store in Aachen is fantastic. I have bought enough chocolate to last a few years!